Share files with experts
A chat is a place where you can share files with experts. Shared files are stored in the chat, and every chat member can view and download them at any time. Keep reading to learn how to:
Send files in a chat
ExpertBox chats let you share files directly from your device (up to 100 MB per file). To share a file, drag and drop the file from your device to the message field, or click the paper clip icon to the left of the message field and select the file from the Finder or File Explorer window.
ExpertBox lets you view images and videos shared in a chat (in supported formats) without having to download them. Here’s how to do it:
- Locate the file you want to view in the chat, or click the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the chat window and select Files.
- Click on the file to open it.
Keep in mind: In ExpertBox, you can preview images and videos in MP4, WebM, and Ogg formats. To view files in other formats, you’ll need to download them.
If you’d like to view a file offline, there are two ways to save a copy on your device:
Download from chat
- Locate the file you want to view in the chat and click on it to open it.
- Click the download icon.
Download from the Files section
- Click the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the chat window and select Files to view the Files section.
- Click the three-dot icon next to the file you want to download.
- Click Download.
Any chat member can delete a file they’ve shared. There are two ways to delete a file:
Keep in mind: Once deleted, files cannot be restored.
Delete files from chat
- In the chat, hover over the name of the file you want to delete.
- Click the three-dot icon to the right of the file.
- Click Delete.
- Click Delete to confirm.
Delete from the Files section
- Click the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the chat window and select Files.
- Hover over the file you want to delete and click the three-dot icon.
- Click Delete.
- Select Delete again to confirm.