Share files with clients
A chat is a place where you can share messages and files with clients and other experts within your ExpertBox workspace. Files are stored in the chat, and every chat participant can view and download them at any time. Keep reading to learn how to:
Keep in mind: Files uploaded in chats count towards the workspace storage limit. If you exceed your limit, older files will be deleted. To get more space, you can upgrade your storage plan.
Send files in a chat
ExpertBox chats let you share files directly from your device (up to 100 MB per file). To share a file, drag and drop the file from your device to the message field, or click the paper clip icon to the left of the message field and select a file from the Finder or File Explorer window.
ExpertBox lets you view files in a chat without having to download them (for supported file formats). Here’s how to do it:
- Locate the file you want to view in the chat or click the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the chat window and select Files.
- Click on the file to open it.
Keep in mind: In ExpertBox, you can preview images and videos in MP4, WebM, and Ogg formats. To view files in other formats, you’ll need to download them.
If you’d like to view a file offline, there are two ways to save a copy on your device:
Download from chat
- In the chat, locate the file you want to view and click on it to open it.
- Click the download icon.
Download from the Files section
- Click the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the chat window and select Files to view the Files section.
- Click the three-dot icon next to the file you want to download.
- Click Download.