Transfer ownership of your workspace
At some point you may need to transfer the ownership of your workspace. Here’s how to do that.
If you’re the current workspace owner
If you’re the current owner of a team workspace, you can transfer ownership to one of your team members.
What to expect
- A workspace can have only one owner.
- Your role will change to administrator or expert.
- The transfer will happen immediately.
- You’ll need to enter your password to confirm the transfer.
- If you want to deactivate your account, you’ll need to transfer ownership first.
Here’s how to transfer ownership:
- Go to Company settings > Company profile.
- Click Transfer ownership.
- Enter the name or email address of the team member you want to transfer ownership to, along with your ExpertBox account password.
- Check the box if you want to remain a workspace administrator.
- Click Transfer ownership to confirm.
Workspace ownership will be transferred immediately, and the new workspace owner will be notified via email.
Keep in mind: Once you transfer ownership, you will lose access to some ExpertBox features. For more on this, read about roles in ExpertBox.
If you’re not a workspace owner
Only a team workspace owner can transfer ownership of a workspace. If your workspace owner has left your organization, you’ll need to contact this person for assistance.